Yes, we just said entire purchase…including our sale items! This savings trumps tax free weekend, so avoid the crowds tax free weekend and shop early! If you aren’t already on our mailing list and would like to receive emails or snail mail about our future coupons and catalogs, click here.
So you’re going to shop tax free weekend? Well here are a few things to remember…
Florida Tax Free Weekend is the same as Alabama! How will I chose? Let us give you the facts:
Alabama (Sales Tax is 9%)
- Clothing/Footwear, Under $100 per item
- School Supplies, $50 per item
- Backpacks are considered school supplies in AL & exempt under $50
Florida (Sales Tax is 6%)
- Clothing/Footwear, Under $60 per item
- Backpacks are considered school supplies in FL & exempt under $60
- School Supplies, $15 per item
Consumers and Retailers:
Beginning at 12:01 a.m. (CST) on Friday August 5, 2016, and ending at twelve midnight on Sunday August 7, 2016, Alabama will hold its eleventh annual sales tax holiday giving shoppers the opportunity to purchase certain school supplies, computers, and clothing free of state sales or use tax. Local sales and use tax may apply – see list of participating cities and counties.
Retailers are required to participate and may not charge tax on items that are legally tax-exempt during the Sales Tax Holiday.
- (Title 40, Chapter 23, Article 7, Sections 40-23-210 through 213)