It’s almost time for the school bells to ring again! Now is the time to prepare for the 2020-2021 school year. Though this school year may look a lot different than past years, the need for back to school shopping stays the same! Take advantage of Tax-Free Weekend this year and save big on all your clothing and supply needs. This year’s Tax-Free Weekend starts on Friday, July 17 and runs through Sunday, July 19 for the state of Alabama. This is the 15th annual sales tax holiday for our state!
We will be opened on Friday and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Be sure to come in and shop with us on these two days to receive no tax on some of your favorite back to school items. We are always closed on Sundays, but you can still shop the tax-free deals on our website!
Guide to Alabama’s Tax Free Weekend
Here is everything you need to know about what is taxable and what is not:
- Clothing: Must be $100 or less, per article of clothing to be tax exempt. This includes all human wearing apparel suitable for general use. Some examples would be shirts, dresses, shorts, raincoats, jeans, belts, hats, etc.
- Footwear: Again, must be $100 or less to apply. This includes sandals, sneakers, socks, shoes, etc. As long as the pair of socks or shoes is not over $100, they will be tax-exempt.
- School Supplies: Must be $50 or less. These include things like backpacks, binders, pencils, folders, scissors, notebooks, etc.
- Computers, Computer Software, and School Computer Supplies: A single purchase with a sales price of $750 or less. This includes laptops, desktop, or tower computer systems that are sold as part of a package with the central processing unit. It also includes computer printers, computer storage media, etc.
- Clothing and Footwear over $100
- School Supplies (including backpacks) over $50
- Clothing accessories like wallets, handbags, jewelry, cosmetics, umbrellas, sunglasses, etc.
- Face Masks
For the purposes of shopping with us on Tax-Free Weekend, note that clothing and footwear ONLY $100 or less will be tax exempt. Also, note that backpacks MUST BE $50 or less to be applicable for tax exemption. This is valid whether you are shopping in-store or online with us from Friday, July 17 to Sunday, July 19.
Here are a few of our favorite items that will be TAX EXEMPT this weekend!
Around the Tri-State Area
While Alabama is observing the tax-free holiday this coming weekend, Florida will be observing it from Friday, August 7th to Sunday, August 9th. Georgia will not be observing a sales tax holiday this year.
Florida’s sales tax holiday differs from ours just a bit. Here is a look at taxable and tax-exempt items for Florida.
- Clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling for $60 or less per item.
- Certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item.
- Personal computers and certain computer-related accessories selling for $1,000 or less per item when purchased for noncommercial home or personal use.
- Any item of clothing selling for more than $60.
- Any school supply item selling for more than $15.
- Books that are not otherwise exempt.
- Computers and computer-related accessories purchased for commercial purposes.
- Rentals or leases of any eligible items.
- Repairs or alterations of any eligible items.
- Sales of any eligible items in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment, or airport.
You can read all about Florida’s sales tax holiday here. Happy (almost) Tax Free Weekend! Come see us to shop these great deals!
Eagle Eye Outfitters is your Face Mask Headquarters for the upcoming school year. Check out our Roadmap to Wiregrass School Openings, and for tips and tricks on mask usage our Face Masks 101 guide is sure to help!
Eagle Eye Outfitters located in Dothan, AL and specializes in all of your back to school needs.