It is almost time to get back in the classroom and what better way to have everything you need for the start of school then with Tax Free Weekend. The Back-To-School Sales Tax Holiday begins on July 16th and goes through July 18th. Come shop with us for the 16th annual sales tax holiday for the state of Alabama.
An Exciting Guide to Alabama’s Tax Free Weekend:
We know what you are thinking.. “How do you know what is taxable versus what is not?” Have no fear, here’s all you need to know for Tax Free Weekend!
Tax Exempt (so exciting):
- Clothing: Must be $100 or less, per article of clothing to be tax exempt. This includes all human wearing apparel suitable for general use. Some examples would be shirts, dresses, shorts, raincoats, jeans, belts, hats, etc.
- Footwear: Again, must be $100 or less to apply. This includes sandals, sneakers, socks, shoes, etc. As long as the pair of socks or shoes is not over $100, they will be tax-exempt.
- School Supplies: Must be $50 or less. These include things like backpacks, lunch boxes, binders, pencils, folders, scissors, notebooks, etc.
- Computers, Computer Software, and School Computer Supplies: A single purchase with a sales price of $750 or less. This includes laptops, desktop, or tower computer systems that are sold as part of a package with the central processing unit. It also includes computer printers, computer storage media, etc.
- Clothing and Footwear over $100
- School Supplies (including backpacks) over $50
- Clothing accessories like wallets, handbags, jewelry, cosmetics, umbrellas, sunglasses, etc
For the purposes of shopping with us on Tax-Free Weekend, note that clothing and footwear ONLY $100 or less will be tax exempt. Also, note that backpacks MUST BE $50 or less to be applicable for tax exemption. This is valid whether you are shopping in-store or for Alabama state residents online with us from Friday, July 16 to Sunday, July 18.
Now you can shop confidently with the knowledge of what is taxable and what is not! Press the button below for more information on Tax Free Weekend.
Check out our must-have back to school sale favorites below! Our Back to School Sale is July 12th-18th and you won’t want to miss it.
Eagle Eye Outfitters is a family run small business that offers radical customer service for shoppers for all of their outdoor and fashion apparel, accessories, and footwear needs. In other words, with hundreds of brands to choose from, EEO has it all! Shop now or visit us in-store in Dothan, Alabama.