Mother’s Day is a very special day set aside to show appreciation and love for the mothers or mother figures in our lives. Moms do so much! We are incredibly thankful for the strong, beautiful women who give of themselves daily – and Mother’s Day is a great reminder to celebrate them. Here are some fun ways to spend Mother’s Day outdoors and take life outside celebrating all they do!
- Enjoy brunch with your mom. A favorite spot for brunch here in the Dothan area is KBC. This sweet little restaurant has gained popularity over the past several months due to the owner, Kelsey Barnard Clark, winning Top Chef. The whole city of Dothan is so proud of Kelsey and the accomplishments she has had. With all of this being said, KBC has mouth-watering, delicious brunch options. KBC also has a cute, quaint outdoor space that you can enjoy brunch, or even lunch. Check out their menu here. KBC is closed on Sundays, but open on Saturdays for brunch from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. and lunch until 3 p.m. This restaurant is one that you are certain to love!
- Go hiking or camping. The ultimate way to enjoy the outdoors is by going hiking or camping. Providence Canyon in Lumpkin, GA. (just an hour and a half away from Dothan) is the perfect spot to enjoy some hiking. There are numerous trails in this canyon to embark upon, as well as, beautiful views. Enjoy a picnic in one of their many picnic areas around the park. Another place to enjoy some hiking or camping is Oak Mountain State Park. Located just below Birmingham, this state park is known for its spectacular views and activities. Just think how fun it would be to enjoy s’mores with your mom by the fire!
- See a baseball game. Who doesn’t love a good old fashioned baseball game? A local teams that are always fun to watch are the Montgomery Biscuits and the Pensacola Blue Wahoos. The Montgomery Biscuits have home games the whole weekend of Mother’s Day. The Pensacola Wahoos do not, but you could always buy your mom tickets to use another time! Baseball games are always fun! Get hot dogs and matching caps to wear while rooting for the home team together.
- Embark upon an impromptu road trip. Go to the beach, to the lake, or to a place that you and your mom have never been to! Just get in the car and drive. Show each other your favorite songs, and do not forget the selfies! If you are in need of a beach trip, do not forget that we do not live far away at all from Panama City Beach or Destin. Another fun town to venture to would be Thomasville, GA. It has lots of shops and eating places that you and your mom would definitely enjoy.
- Garden together. This may seem simple, but be assured that it is lots of fun. Traditional Mother’s Day flowers are fine, but in just a few days they will die. Do something different this year, and buy your mom some flowers that the two of you can plant together. You both can enjoy watching them grow all summer long!
If you are needing some gear for your outdoor Mother’s Day adventure, be sure to stop by Eagle Eye Outfitters located in Dothan, AL on your way out. Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there!