Eagle Eye Outfitters is a proud supporter of the Future Masters 2019 Tournament.
“Future Masters is not, nor has it ever been, only about golf, it is about the spirit of competition, friendships made, sportsmanship on the course, and the challenge of preserving over a half-century of growing golf”. – Press Thornton
About The Future Masters
A favorite event for Dothan and the Golf Community happens once a year and normally at the end of June. What event are we talking about? The Press Thornton Future Masters Golf Tournament, course! This tournament is for golf’s brightest junior stars and is held at the Dothan Country Club. This year’s tournament will be from June 22nd until June 29th.
An impressive list of golfing greats have competed in the Future Masters tournament including:
- U.S. Open Champions: Hubert Green and Jerry Pate
- Masters Winners: Larry Mize, Trevor Immelman, and Bubba Waston
- PGA Champions: Bob Tway, Mark Brooks, and Shaun Micheel
- British Open Winner: Ben Curtis
- And lots of Tour Stars!
PGA Masters vs. Future Masters
“Defying all odds, Tiger Woods won the 2019 Masters Tournament and donned his 5th green jacket in May of this year in Augusta, GA.” What an incredible moment that was to watch! The Future Masters Tournament gives junior golfers the opportunity to prepare for huge tournament like the Masters.
While there is no correlation or connection of the Future Masters and PGA Masters, the young boys who compete in the Future Masters do aspire to grow up and play golf at the Masters one day. Who’s to say that this year’s winner won’t be the next Bubba Watson (1996 Future Master to 2012 PGA Master) or Trevor Immelman (1994 Future Master to 2008 PGA Master)?
Many of the brands we carry make special golf apparel pieces that are perfect to wear on the golf course. Let us take a look at a few of those brands, and some of the product that they have for golf.
- Southern Marsh. We love the boy’s golf polos from Southern Marsh. They are available in several different colors and patterns. The junior golfers are certain to be cool and comfy when wearing them. The boy’s polos range in price from $44.95 to $48.95.
- Southern Shirt. Like Southern Marsh, Southern Shirt also makes great golf polos for boys. They are built with breathable, quick drying fabric with moisture-wicking technology and UPF protection. They come in several different colors as well, and retail for $45.95 to $47.95.
- Southern Tide. Southern Tide is actually the official style sponsor of RBC Heritage, a PGA Tour event held in South Carolina. Southern Tide makes several pieces that are absolutely perfect to wear on the golf course. One of our favorites is the Men’s Coki Beach Polo Brr. Our buyers say this polo has “air conditioning” technology. In other words, the Brr technology inside this polo makes you incredibly cool even in 100+ degree weather. Southern Tide made this specifically with the golf course in mind. It retails for $94.95 and comes in several different colors.
- Southern Marsh. Southern Marsh has a specific Golf Collection that includes polos, shorts, and pants that are made for comfort on or off the course. Just like a perfect swing, these items are a must-have. You really cannot go wrong with any of Southern Marsh’s Performance Polos. Each of them are made to be breathable and to wick moisture away. The men’s polos range in price from $64.95 to $68.95.
- Southern Shirt. Similar to Southern Marsh, The Southern Shirt Company is well-known for their Performance Polos. Southern Shirt has several different polo styles and color options. The men’s polos are $68.95.
- Under Armour. A lot of times, when one thinks about Under Armour, they automatically think of workout clothes. While UA definitely does make workout clothes, they also make clothes for golf. The short shown below is the Men’s Mantra Short. It retails for $59.95. This short is made with UA Storm Technology and it repels water without sacrificing breathability.
- Columbia. Columbia is very involved with golf. This company actually sponsors two tour players. Columbia says on their website that, “apparel for the golf course is crafted to meet the same high standards that make Columbia Sportswear an industry-leading name”. Columbia does have several pieces for men, but they also have some pieces for ladies. A favorite for women is the Anytime Casual Skort. It features omni-shade UPF 50 sun protection and is currently on sale for $40. The Sleeveless Tamiami shown below is a great option to pair with the skort. It also features omni-shade, as well as, omni-wick. This top retails for $34.95. Columbia’s golf apparel can take on the great outdoors while helping you round out the back nine.
- The North Face. The North Face also makes a skort that would be great to wear for a round of golf. This skort by TNF is called the Women’s Arise and Align Skort. It comes in grey and black and retails for $64.95.
Wishing The Best For The 2019 Future Masters Participants
We love the Future Masters Tournament so much and enjoy seeing the golfers each year in our store. We also love seeing your pictures from this event, so be sure to tag us in any photos where you are repping EEO gear. Lastly, make sure that you keep an eye out for our ad in the Future Masters program. Good luck to all of the golfers participating in this year’s tournament!