Events are a great way to get out and meet your community. Below you’ll find events all over the Wiregrass area listed in order by date. Think Local. Buy Local. Be Local.
November 10 – Wiregrass Hope Group Annual Banquet
- When: 6:30 PM
- Where: Wiregrass Church
- What: Annual fundraising banquet to support the ministry of Wiregrass Hope Group and Women’s Hope Center. This years keynote speaker is Roland Warren.
November 6 – 15 – National Peanut Festival
- The National Peanut Festival, the nation’s largest peanut festival, is held in Dothan, Alabama each fall to honor local peanut farmers and to celebrate the harvest season. Located in the southeast corner of Alabama, Dothan is known as the “Peanut Capital of the World” and is a prime place for growing peanuts. In fact, if you’re in Dothan you’re in the heart of peanut country, considering the majority of all the peanuts grown in the United States are grown within a 100 mile radius of Dothan.
November 20 – Annual Night of Praise
- When: 5pm to 9pm
- Where: Eagle Eye Outfitters
- What: Please join us for a Night of Praise. You can enjoy early Christmas shopping, live music, fellowship, refreshments and early bird savings with Black Friday Deals. The discount is only valid from 5 to 9 pm. #NightofPraise
December 13 – The Dirty Stroll-n-Roll Duathlon
- When: Registration 8 AM
- Where: Troy University Dothan – Trojan Trails.
- What: The Dirty Stroll & Roll Duathlon is a local running and biking event will benefit the Special Olympics. The unsanctioned race is sponsored by Dothan Leisure Services, the Dothan Runners Club and Troy University Dothan. The net proceeds will go to Special Olympics. It includes a 3.4-mile trail run, an 11.6-mile mountain bike ride and a 1.7-mile trail run. A helmet is required for the mountain biking part. The race will have age categories in the male and female divisions, plus a team relay (one cyclist, one runner) with two-person male, two-person female and two-person mixed categories.
- For information, call or email Hubie Casey at (334) 803-2529 or firstname.lastname@example.org.