Can you believe it? It is almost time to go back to school! With that being said, it is definitely a good idea to go ahead and get prepared for the 2019-2020 school year. One of the ways you can do this, and save big on clothing/supplies is by shopping Eagle Eye Outfitters this Tax-Free Weekend 2019. This year’s Tax-Free Weekend falls on Friday, July 19 and runs through Sunday, July 21 for the state of Alabama. This is the 13th annual sales tax holiday for our state!
We will be opened on Friday, July 19 from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and Saturday, July 20 from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. as well. Come in and shop with us on these two days to receive no tax on some of your favorite back to school items. We are closed on Sundays but do not forget that you can still shop the tax-free deals on our website.
Here are a few things to note about what is taxable and what is not:
- Clothing: Must be $100 or less, per article of clothing to be tax-exempt. This includes all human wearing apparel suitable for general use. Some examples would be shirts, dresses, shorts, raincoats, jeans, belts, hats, etc.
- Footwear: Again, must be $100 or less to apply. This includes sandals, sneakers, socks, shoes, etc. As long as the pair of shoes, or socks, is not over $100, they will be tax-exempt this weekend.
- School Supplies: Must be $50 or less. These include things like book bags, binders, pencils, folders, scissors, notebooks, etc.
- Computers, Computer Software, and School Computer Supplies: A single purchase with a sales price of $750 or less. This includes laptops, desktop, or tower computer systems that are sold as part of a package with the central processing unit. It also includes computer printers, computer storage media, etc.
- Clothing and Footwear over $100.
- School Supplies (including backpacks) over $50.
- Clothing accessories like wallets, handbags, jewelry, cosmetics, umbrellas, sunglasses, etc.
- Furniture, and video games of a non-educational nature.
- Magazines, Newspapers, Periodicals, etc.
For the purposes of shopping with us on Tax-Free Weekend, note that clothing and footwear ONLY $100 or less will be tax-exempt. Also, note that backpacks MUST BE $50 or less to be applicable for tax exemption. This is valid whether you are shopping in-store or online with us from Friday, July 19 to Sunday, July 21.
Here are a few of our favorite items that will be TAX-EXEMPT this weekend! We have different options for schools with and without dress codes with uniforms.
Kid’s Clothing and Footwear
Men’s & Women’s Clothing and Footwear
We have plenty of great back to school items in store too. Come see us this weekend and check out the full listing of items that are taxable and tax-exempt for the state of Alabama here. While Alabama is observing the tax-free holiday this coming weekend, Florida will be observing it from Friday, August 2nd to Sunday, August 4th. Georgia will not be observing a sales tax holiday at all this year. Florida’s sales tax holiday differs from ours just a bit. Here is a look at taxable and tax-exempt items for Florida.
- Clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling for $60 or less per item.
- Certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item.
- Personal computers and certain computer-related accessories selling for $1,000 or less per item when purchased for noncommercial home or personal use.
- Any item of clothing selling for more than $60.
- Any school supply item selling for more than $15.
- Books that are not otherwise exempt.
- Computers and computer-related accessories purchased for commercial purposes.
- Rentals or leases of any eligible items.
- Repairs or alterations of any eligible items.
- Sales of any eligible items in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment, or airport.
You can read all about Florida’s sales tax holiday here. Happy (almost) Tax-Free Weekend! Come see us this weekend to shop these great deals!